Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Day, Another Blog

We used to say, "Another day, another dollar." That's what my parents, and even grandparent's said when you asked them "how are things going" Except if you asked my grandparent's the answer would most likely come back in Italian, but that's another story.

So, I guess it's "another day, another blog" this time my probably slightly skewed version of life and goings on in Dongguan, China. Funny thing is, if you're in Dongguan, you probably can't access the blog unless you're using a proxy or VPN. So much for journalistic freedom in China.

The title, "China FUBAR" well, if you've never been military FUBAR means "Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition" - that's the polite term. Our aim isn't to sit here and just bag on the goings on in China, believe me, the rest of the world is pretty FUBAR too at times. More just my observations of the day to day silliness that life in general can provide. Kind of like back in high school when the wise guy used to sit in the back of class and make smart ass comments.

But, hopefully I"ll add some useful information and insight on what's happening in this part of the world, from someone who's "on the ground" so to speak. And maybe some "education" for the folks that just get their news from CNN.

Cheers
"Uncle Bob"

No comments: